- What I cannot create, I do not understand.
- -- Richard Feynman
About the Blanco MakerSpace
Founded in April 2016, this group of makers plan to have a place to use and store equipment to make stuff. MakerSpaces are an outgrowth of the DIY (Do It Yourself) movement where like minded individuals create a space and community for learning and doing it together.
To join the Blanco MakerSpace and view our calendar, sign up on our Meetup page.
We Are Looking for a Space
We're looking for a suitable space in or near Blanco, Texas for meeting, making things, conducting classes, etc. If you know of any possibilities, let us know.
- See the makerspace requirements list on our Projects page
As an interim solution, we bring a few pieces of portable equipment and materials to Bean and Biscuit Coffee House, where we have our weekly meetups. Here are some 360˚ panoramic images of the café and the back room we use for some projects. After clicking through to the images, use your right and left arrow keys to pan around. If you have a VR headset, you can download the image to view in the Google Cardboard app.
- This VR image is of the coffee shop where we have our weekly meetups.
- This room in the back is where we built a Robot Car and flew a small drone. Mostly we just gather around a table out front, though.
What We Plan to Do
Fundamental to a maker space is making things. On our Projects page we discuss proposals for things to work on, and stories about things we have made.
Both for community outreach and to facilitate our own projects we plan to offer classes in a variety of creative techniques. This page of Class Ideas is where we discuss possible class offerings.
Making is information-driven. This section includes links to useful reference sources.
Part of a creative life is seeing what other people are doing. We organize Field Trips from time to time to do just that.
Places We Have Been
- Science Mill, Johnson City, Texas
- Katherine Anne Porter School, Wimberley, Texas
- Geekdom, San Antonio, Texas
An organization, no matter how small or new, needs to get organized. Visit this page to see how we are going about it.
Getting Started with Wiki software
In order to contribute to this wiki, you must be verified by the administrator as a member of the Blanco MakerSpace group.
- Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.